Air fryers are like ovens in that they bake and roast, but the difference is that the heating element is only at the top and has a large, powerful fan. The important thing is to fry the oil in a short time as fried food. Air fryers typically heat up very quickly due to a combination of concentrated heat sources and the size and placement of the fan to cook food quickly and evenly.
How Long Does It Take To Cook Chicken Breast In An Air Fryer?
Cooking time for chicken breast in the air fryer depends on the cooking method. Regardless of what temperature you cook chicken breasts in the air fryer, the chicken breast will be cooked when the internal temperature reaches 165°F. As long as it takes the chicken to reach that temperature, that’s how long they have to cook.
Can We Put Raw Chicken In The Air Fryer?
Of course, we can! Preparing frozen chicken breast fillets is equally quick and easy.
Simply season the chicken before freezing. Then sprays the air fryer basket with cooking spray and cook the frozen chicken at 205°C (400°F) for about 15 minutes, flipping halfway through. Make sure the internal temperature is 165°F before serving.
If You Are Using Frozen Chicken Breast
To cook frozen chicken breasts in an air fryer: Preheat the air fryer to 360 degrees Fahrenheit. Drizzle the chicken with olive oil and season to taste. Spray the air fryer basket with nonstick spray and air fry the chicken for 18 to 20 minutes, flipping once halfway through.
Chicken Breast In Air Fryer
Prepare a mouth-watering dish of tender chicken breast with other ingredients and herbs using an air fryer. Mix in the spices you are interested in or keep it plain if you prefer.
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
Place the chicken breasts on a cutting board and cover them with a large sheet of plastic wrap. With a rolling pin, meat mallet, or your palm, lightly pound into an even thickness.
To Dry Brine*: Place the chicken on a plate and sprinkle it all over with kosher salt. Place in the refrigerator uncovered for at least 30 minutes or up to 1 day—if you will not be dry bringing, skip this step.
When ready to air fry: remove the chicken from the refrigerator and let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes.
In a small bowl, stir together the paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, and black pepper (if you did not dry brine the chicken, add the salt now)
Place the chicken in a large bowl and drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle the spice mixture over the top. Toss to coat the chicken, ensuring you rub the spices evenly over both sides.
- Preheat the air fryer to 375 degrees F (my model takes 3 minutes to heat). Place the chicken presentation side (smooth side) down in the air fryer and let cook for 6 minutes.
- Remove the air fryer basket, then with tongs, carefully flip the chicken over. Continue cooking until the chicken registers between 155 and 160 degrees F, 2 to 8 minutes more.
- Chicken is considered safe to eat at 165 degrees F, but I like to remove mine a few degrees early, then let the carryover cooking finish the job.
- The total cook time will vary based on your model and the size of your chicken.
- Smaller breasts (about 6 ounces each) will need only around 8 minutes total; larger ones may need 14 or more. Check the chicken often towards the end to monitor its progress.
- Do not overcook or it will be dry.
Remove the chicken to a plate. Cover and let rest for 5 to 10 minutes. Slice and enjoy!
Tips To Store
For Storage Instructions:
- Refrigerate chicken breasts in an airtight container for up to four days.
- Gently reheat the chicken in an air fryer or oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Leftovers can be frozen in freezer-safe, airtight containers for up to 3 months. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator before reheating.
Air Fryer vs. Microwave Oven
Both ovens and air fryers can reheat food, but the air fryer definitely wins this round. Regarding retraining more nutritious food, air fryers are better than microwaves. Food needs very little oil in the cooking process, so the food is always healthy after cooking.
Here’s Another Way of Cooking Chicken Breast in Air Fryer
Air fryers have changed the way we cook. It’s so quick and easy and all that comes out tastes great. This is a healthy way to cook chicken breast in air fryer and it is a good too for other dishes. It uses the same method as the convection oven, but this technique allows us to make just a few chicken breasts without having to heat the entire oven. It’s fast and cleaning is very easy.