Do you love eating fish but don’t love the way it often tastes dry and bland?
Then you’ll want to check out air frying as a way to cook your favorite seafood.
But how long do you cook fish in an air fryer for the best results?
Keep reading for answers to that question and more tips on how to make the most of your air fryer when cooking fish.
- Related: Best air fryers for fish
How many minutes do you cook fish in an air fryer?
In general, you can cook most types of fish for about 10 minutes at 400 degrees F in an air fryer.
You may need to cook smaller pieces of fish for less time, or thicker pieces of fish for more time.
Be sure to check the fish for doneness after 10 minutes to make sure it’s cooked through.
Also, you should keep in mind that the cooking time may vary depending on the type of fish you’re cooking.
As a general rule, fishes such as tilapia, cod, catfish, and salmon will cook for about 10 minutes.
thicker Fish like tuna steak or swordfish steak would take a little longer to cook through, around 12-14 minutes.
And smaller fishes such as anchovies or sardines will just need a few minutes, around 3-5 minutes.
How long do you cook battered fish in an air fryer?
At 400 degrees F, you should cook battered fish for about 10-12 minutes.
If you are using a thinner fish, like tilapia or flounder, cook for 8-9 minutes.
For a thicker fish, like cod or salmon, cook for 12-14 minutes.
I often like to cook my fish a little longer if it’s battered because I like a nice crispy coating.
Can you cook frozen fish in an air fryer?
Yes, you can cook frozen fish in an air fryer.
You’ll just need to add a few minutes to the cooking time.
For most types of frozen fish, you’ll want to cook for about 15 minutes at 400 degrees F.
Just be sure to check the fish for doneness after 15 minutes to make sure it’s cooked through.
What temperature should the air fryer be for fish?
The optimal temperature for air frying fish is 400 degrees F.
This will ensure that the fish is cooked through, while also achieving a crispy exterior.
Also, be sure to preheat the air fryer before adding the fish, as this will help it cook more evenly.
My favorite recipe for cooking fish in an air fryer
My favorite recipe for air fryer fish is this one for honey garlic salmon.
The salmon comes out so moist and flaky, and the honey garlic glaze is absolutely delicious.
- 4 salmon fillets
- Salt, pepper, and paprika to taste
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- Toasted sesame seeds (optional)
- Season the salmon fillets with salt, pepper, and paprika.
- In a small bowl, whisk together honey, soy sauce, garlic, and sesame oil.
- Place the salmon fillets in the air fryer basket, and brush with the honey garlic sauce.
- Air fry at 400 degrees F for 10-12 minutes, until cooked through.
- Garnish with green onion and sesame seeds, if desired. Serve immediately.
The benefits of cooking fish with an air fryer
There are many benefits to cooking fish in an air fryer.
First, cooking fish in an air fryer is a healthier way to cook it because you don’t need any oil.
This means that the fish will not be as greasy, and it will also be lower in calories.
Additionally, the air fryer will give the fish a crispy exterior while keeping it moist and juicy on the inside.
This is a great way to cook fish if you are watching your fat intake or trying to eat healthier.
Another benefit of cooking fish in an air fryer is that it is quick and easy.
This is a great option if you are short on time and need to get dinner on the table quickly.
Also, air frying fish is less messy than other methods, such as frying in a pan.
If you are looking for a quick, easy, and healthy way to cook fish, then cooking it in an air fryer is a great option.
Be sure to follow the tips above to get the best results.
And try my honey garlic salmon recipe for a delicious and easy air fryer fish dish.
Tips for cooking fish in an air fryer
Here are my 7 quick tips for cooking fish in an air fryer that will help you get the best results:
- Preheat the air fryer before adding the fish. This will help it cook more evenly.
- Season the fish with salt, pepper, and paprika for a simple but delicious seasoning.
- Cook the fish at 400 degrees F for 10-12 minutes.
- Use a brush to brush the fish with the honey garlic sauce. This will help it cook evenly and give it a delicious flavor.
- Garnish with green onion and sesame seeds, if desired.
- Serve immediately for the best results.
- If you are short on time, air frying fish is a great option because it is quick and easy.
In summary, you need to cook the fish for 10-12 minutes at 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
Additionally, it is important to brush the fish with the honey garlic sauce and to garnish it with green onion and sesame seeds.
Air frying fish is a great option if you are looking for a quick, easy, and healthy way to cook fish.
Try my honey garlic salmon recipe for a delicious and easy air fryer fish dish.