How does breakfast help you in your weight goal? Does eating high-protein food during breakfast important? In this blog, we will discover why eating breakfast with high protein food is essential, and we’ll share with you the tastiest high protein breakfast recipes that are quick and easy to prepare. So read here, and you will learn more.
Yes, eating high-protein food during breakfast is important. Regardless of your weight goal, be it losing weight, maintaining weight, or gaining weight, protein plays an important part in a healthy body. So make sure you take enough protein in your meal. Some individuals take their protein-packed meals during lunch or dinner. Protein takes longer to digest therefore making you feel more satiated. Adding enough protein to your breakfast is a great way to help you curve mid-morning hunger because it can help you keep feeling fuller longer.
How To Get Enough Protein Needs?
To get enough protein in your daily needs is by adding these foods to a high-protein breakfast. These high-protein packed foods are best to include in your breakfast which helps promote fullness and makes you likely not to overeat. The foods below are the best food rich in high protein.
1. Eggs: 6 grams of protein in 1 large egg
2. Lean Beef: 19 grams of protein in 113 grams of lean beef
3. Chicken: 26 grams of protein in a raw boneless skinless chicken breast
4. Salmon: 22 – 25 grams of protein in 100 grams of salmon
5. Peanut Butter: 22.5 grams of protein in 100 grams of peanut butter
6. Cottage Cheese: 28 grams of protein in a cup of low-fat cottage cheese
7. Greek Yogurt: 15 – 20 grams of protein in a 6-ounce serving
8. Oats: 5 grams of protein in 1/2 cup serving
9. Milk: 8 grams of protein in a cup
10. Quinoa: 8 grams of protein in a 1 cup serving
How Much Protein Do We Need A Day?
From 10% – 35% of the calories should from protein. So if you need 2,000 calories a day, that is 200-700 calories from protein and that is 50 to 175 grams. A sedentary adult should take 0.8 grams of protein per kilogram of body weight, that is the recommended dietary allowance to prevent deficiency.
Why Is High Protein Breakfast Important In Your Diet?
To stay healthy, we need protein in our diet. It is made up of amino acids, commonly known as building blocks. It is essential for people to take protein daily. Protein intake every day plays a role in maintaining your cells in shape. But taking very high protein in your diet is not recommended.
These Are The High Protein Breakfast Recipes
The best high-protein breakfast starts with food that is rich in protein. The recipes we’ll share below are a protein-packed meal that is ideal for everyday high-protein breakfast.
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 small shallot, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp fresh thyme
- salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp whole-grain mustard
- 1 tbsp parsley (chopped)
- 4 thick slices of bread (toasted)
- Mayonaise (for spreading)
- Combine vinegar, thyme, shallot, 1/4 tsp each of salt, and pepper in a small bowl. Let it sit, tossing occasionally for 10 minutes.
- Heat the saucepan on medium heat, bring water to boil, and gently add eggs and simmer for 6 minutes.
- Transfer the eggs immediately to ice water to stop the cooking, drain, and peel.
- Stir oil, parsley, and mustard into the shallot mixture. Spread bread with Mayonaise and add eggs, add the shallot mixture, and sprinkle thyme, and parsley on top.
Read More: Best Fluffy Omelette Recipes
7 High Protein Breakfast For Weight Loss
Some Of The Recipes Shared In This Video
1. Tofu Scramble
- 1/2 medium yellow onion
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 medium red bell pepper
- 6 oz soft tofu
- 1/4 medium zucchini
- 1/8 tsp turmeric
- salt and black pepper
- 3 oz spinach
- Heat the olive oil in a medium nonstick skillet set over medium heat, and add the onion. Saute for 30 seconds.
- Add the bell pepper and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add in drained tofu zucchini, salt, turmeric, and black pepper, and stir to combine.
- Add the spinach and saute until wilted, 2 minutes.
- Cook and stir until tofu is hot and evenly coated in the seasoning mix, and cover for 4 minutes.
- Taste the tofu scramble and season with more salt and pepper as desired.
2. Green Omelet
- 2 oz spinach
- a small handful of parsley
- 1/4 cup of low-fat milk
- 3 egg whites
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 6 cherry tomatoes
- 1 tbsp chopped peanuts
- 1 tbsp goats cheese
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Place the spinach, parsley, and milk in a food processor and blend until smooth
- Add the eggs and blend again to combine, then season with salt and pepper.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat and pour the mixture. Tilt the pan until the mixture completely covers the base.
- Cover and continue cooking for 2 minutes until just set underneath and then add goat’s cheese, tomatoes, and peanuts.
- Fold the omelet in half and then cook for a further 1 minute. And serve.
3. Yogurt Parfait
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
- 6 oz greek yogurt
- 1 scoop of vanilla protein powder
- 2 strawberries
- 1 tsp honey
Layer berries, granola, and yogurt. Top with drizzled honey. Enjoy!
Egg Sandwich With Pastrami & Swiss Recipe For High Protein Breakfast
- 1⁄2 Tbsp butter
- 4 oz lean pastrami (or turkey pastrami), cut into strips
- 6 eggs
- 2 Tbsp milk
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 4 slices of low-fat Swiss cheese
- 4 whole-wheat English muffins, lightly toasted
- Melt the butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the pastrami and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Turn the heat down to low. Combine the eggs with the milk and a few pinches of salt and pepper. Whisk lightly, then add to the pan.
- Use a wooden spoon to constantly stir the eggs, scraping from the bottom as they set, as they’ll continue to cook once removed from the stovetop.
- Place a slice of Swiss on the bottom of each English muffin.
- Divide the scrambled eggs among the muffins, top with the muffin tops, and serve.
10 Delicious High-Protein Shake & Smoothie Recipes
Read More: Healthy Breakfast Smoothies
No matter what your weight goals are, eating a healthy meal with a high-protein breakfast daily is a big help to keep you healthy. Whether it’s eggs, lean beef, chicken, oats, protein shake, or any combination of your choice that works for you, a high-protein breakfast will help you ensure you will feel full longer.