Do you need a new recipe for an omelette? Or do you wonder what you can add to your omelette recipes to make it taste better? Here, we’ll show you a few variations of the best omelette recipes and what are the best fillings to make them perfectly and tasty.
American Style Omelette Recipe
This best omelet recipe is quite simple to achieve even if you have never tried it before. In the American-style omelet, as the eggs cook, the sides are elevated from the edges of the pan using a spatula so the runny eggs can flow below. The eggs are folded in half when it is about to be set, and then add the fillings of your choice. For a perfect omelet recipe, use a non-stick pan.
- 2 Large eggs (for 1 serving)
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 2 Tbsp grated cheese of your choice
- 3 – 4 pcs. cherry tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp basil or parsley (chopped)
- In a bowl, beat the eggs using a fork.
- In a non-stick pan melt the butter on medium to low heat.
- Add the eggs to the pan and cook without mixing them until they begin to set, using a spatula push the edges of the eggs toward the center of the pan and tilt the pan so the uncooked eggs move to the side.
- Fill the center of the omelet with grated cheese, herbs, and tomatoes, and cook for 1 minute.
- Using the spatula, fold the omelet in half, place the omelet on the plate, and serve.
Chive & Cream Cheese Fluffy Omelette Recipe
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 4 Large eggs
- 2 Tbsp water
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 2 oz cream cheese (cubed)
- In a large-sized non-stick pan, heat oil in medium to high heat. Whisk the eggs, chives, water, salt, and pepper.
- Add the egg mixture to the pan, and make sure that the mixture should set immediately at the edges.
- As the eggs set, push the cooked sides toward the center and let the uncooked portion flow below.
- If the eggs are set, sprinkle the cream cheese on one side and fold the other over the filling.
- Serve immediately with salsa.
Bacon Omelette Recipe
- 2 Bacon strips
- 2 Tbsp onion (chopped)
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 3 Eggs
- 3 Tbsp water
- 1/8 Tsp salt & pepper
- 1/4 Cup cheddar cheese (shredded)
- In medium heat, cook bacon and onion in a non-stick pan until bacon is crisp, remove to a paper towel to drain.
- In the same pan, melt the butter on medium heat, and whisk the eggs, water, pepper, and salt. Add egg mixture to the pan.
- When the eggs are set, add the bacon, and shredded cheese and fold the other side of the eggs, serve and enjoy!
Filling Ideas For Omelette Recipes
- Cheddar & Avocado
- Cheese & Bacon
- Tomato & Herbs
- Smoked Salmon & Avocado
- Cream Cheese With Asparagus
- Mushroom & BaconCheese With Veggies
- Hand & Cheese Omelette
- Bacon With Potato
- Sauteed Asparagus
- Yellow Or Red Bell Pepper
- Sauteed Mushrooms
Herbs That Are Best For Omelette Recipes
Can We Make An Omelette On A Microwave Oven?
Yes, you can! cooking an omelet in a microwave is even easier than cooking an omelet in a pan. Though cooking an omelet in a microwave sounds disgusting and messy, it is surprisingly light and fluffy. It is definitely not the same as an omelet cooked in the pan, but this idea actually helps you when you have busy mornings.
How To Make An Omelette On A Microwave?
- Cooking Spray
- 2 Large eggs
- 2 Tbsp water
- 1 – 2 Tbsp shredded cheese (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
Fillings Of Your Choice
- 2 Tbsp cheese
- 2 Tbsp pico de gallo
- 1 Tbsp salsa
- In a cup or small-sized bowl, whisk together the water, eggs, salt, and pepper.
- Spray cooking spray onto a microwave-safe plate.
- Pour the egg mixture into the plate, and add the shredded cheese if you want.
- Cover the plate to seal around the edges, and cook it for 2 minutes.
- Thoroughly remove it from the microwave and allow it cool for about 2 minutes.
- Serve with any fillings you desired.
Overall, as busy working individuals, our breakfast needs to require minimum preparation. You can combine the egg mixture ahead of time and refrigerate it overnight. All you have to do in the morning is to cook it up in the microwave or in the skillet on the stove. Omelette can be scrumptious when you have a bit more time to play around in the kitchen. Omelets are endlessly adjustable, master this recipe with these classic recipes we provided and add the fillings of your choice.
The importance of making an omelet is using the right pan or skillet to make an omelet successfully. It’s made easier if the pan is hot when the egg mixture is added. This recipe is ideal for those who have a hectic schedule in the mornings, I’m sure your kids and family will love this recipe because eggs can be made creatively.