For a regular homeowner, grinding a chunk of raw meat mixed with bones calls for the help of reliable, heavy-duty meat grinders. Whether the purpose is to mince ingredients for homemade dishes or prepare a healthy meal for your pet, having the best meat grinder for bones in the kitchen can be extremely useful.
Let’s have a look at the top 10 choices below and see which one suits your needs the best!
Top 10 Best Meat Grinders For Bones
LEM Big Bite Electric Grinder – Best Performance
- Your purchase includes One LEM Stainless Steel Electric Meat 12Grinder...
- Grinder meat pan – 12-1/4” x 9-1/8” x 2-1/4” Deep | Power –...
- Added Tray in Body for Knife & Plate Storage; Extended Auger Pulls...
I would highly recommend you check out this product from LEM. LEM’s meat grinder may appear a bit intimidating at first with its bulky design and silver-gray coating. But I assure you, its working capacity is no joke.
In each package, the machine comes with three different grinding plates for multiple levels of textures, including stuffing, fine, and coarse. So feel free to churn out sausages, mince garlic, or crush pork and beef and create the most delicious meals for your family using one simple item.
That is not to mention the spacious meat tray placed on top of the machine, saving you time and effort for ground preparation.
Furthermore, LEM prides itself on the stainless steel body parts, which are built to last. While the price can be overwhelming, the product is highly durable and can withstand extensive usage, so the cost balances it out in the end. If you are solely looking for a high-performance grinder, LEM is the way to go!
- Sturdy material.
- Extended lifespan.
- Can be used for many cooking purposes.
- Tons of attached accessories.
- Expensive for the majority of households.
- Cumbersome and heavy.
Sunmile SM-G50 ETL – Best For Convenience
- High Power and Strong Motor: Features 350W rated power and 1000W max...
- Large Size 12 Meat Grinder: Not a smaller Size 8 or Size 5 like most...
- Fully Functional to Prepare Food : Meat grinder comes with 3 various...
Next up, it is time to examine the electric meat grinder modeled SM-G50 from Sunsmile.
SM-G50 quickly establishes its charm with the size 12 design, capable of processing a large amount of meat (roughly 200 pounds) within the shortest time possible (approximately 2 hours). No more worries about having to put in one batch after another for fear of overheating the machine!
Sunmile also puts the safety of the customers ahead with its food-grade, cast aluminum build-quality, and the whole item is ETL certificated. The control board is also super easy to navigate, with only three switches: On, Off, and Reserve. Therefore, even the most inexperienced users in the kitchen can handle this object.
But all of these features are not why I fell in love with the SM-G50. The secret lies in its dishwasher-safe grinding plates.
Can you imagine the ordeal of having to manually clean up all the residue in each corner and crevice? Now, with Sunmile’s product, all you have to do is to toss the dirty plates into the dishwasher and let it do the rest.
- Effortless clean-up.
- Can grind lots of meat simultaneously.
- Safe for users’ health.
- Only for grinding, not stuffing.
- Switches made from cheap plastic.
Chef’s Choice Commercial Food/Meat Grinder – Most Lightweight
- POWER - Advanced, high torque gear drive system for high output even...
- DESIGN - Rugged, cast metal construction, professional quality...
- OPTIONS - The generous die-cast metal hopper provides maximum capacity...
Unlike the previous two heavy-duty grinders, this item from Chef’s Choice stands out with its compact design, weighing no more than 11 pounds. While it certainly cannot grind hard bones or super large chunks of raw meat, Chef’s Choice is an ideal purchase for those looking for the best meat grinder for chicken bones.
As far as accessories are concerned, Chef’s Choice offers three plates for fine, medium, and coarse grinding, meeting different requirements for a variety of dishes.
It also includes a sausage stuffing kit with two tubes (one big and one small), so you can produce tiny sausages for a quick breakfast or having Polish sausages for an entire feast.
Furthermore, since the machine can quickly crush chicken bones, your pet will appreciate the chance to enjoy a home-prepared meal. I am truly surprised with this feature because Chef’s Choice seems a bit less impressive in terms of looks compared to other competitors on the market.
It is nice to see that such a small, elegant-looking gadget can still deliver a wide range of performances in the kitchen.
- High-quality 18/10 steel for more durability.
- Cannot be used excessively.
- Loud noise.
LEM Products 1158 Mighty Bite – Best Meat Grinding Experience
- 500 Watt/1000 Watt peak power, 120V permanently lubricated motor; Full...
- Oversized hole in the feed tube of the # 8 head allows for larger...
- Comes with 3 stainless steel plates (3/16", 3/8" and stuffing), 3...
LEM is quick to provide its customers with many choices of meat grinders since the brand is more than eager to introduce a lighter version of the famous heavy-duty LEM machine, calling it the 1158 model.
Past shoppers can easily pinpoint the similarities between these two products, with 1158 being a smaller but almost identical-looking compared to its counterpart.
With a price tag of roughly $210, LEM 1158 appeals to me with its sturdy build quality. The entire machine relies on aluminum for a sleek look, while the internal motors are powerful enough to reach 1000 Watt at peak.
Feel free to put in pounds and pounds of meat, press the On button, and wait until all the food is processed correctly. LEM promises the continuous grinding of a few hours at least, and it certainly fulfills it.
However, I would say this machine should be used to grind meat only. Sure, the package comes with three stuffing tubes for sausage-making, but it can take up to hours just to make a batch for family use.
Besides this downside, LEM 1158 still works wonders as a meat grinder, and it does lift the burden off your shoulder if you have to frequent the local butcher for ground meat.
- Heavy-duty grinding.
- More suitable for grinding than stuffing.
- Not dishwasher-safe.
ALTRA Electric Meat Grinder – Best User Feedback
- 🥩【Professional Fast Meat Grinder, Powerful 2000W Peak Output...
- 🍔【Multiple Accessories for Different Needs & Easy to Assemble】...
- 🍖【Easy to Clean and Store & Hygienic Use】 The food grinder is...
With nearly 2000 reviews and 70% of which are rated with a 5 star, Altra knows how to attract homeowners with a machine reaching up to 350W at the maximum performance at an affordable price tag.
This item is best known for its versatility since you can grind not only meat but also fish, veggie, cheese, and other spices like chili or garlic. If you need a grinder that can produce a wide variety of dishes, then I believe Altra is your best choice.
Once you have a look at this product, be ready to embrace its numerous attachments. There are two sausage stuffers, two cones for kubbe making, and three cutting plates. You will also have two vigorous cutting blades and three unique spiral rings, thus ensuring the texture and chewiness of your meat.
That is not to mention that Altra is a lifelong investment. With a triple layering of stainless steel, the outer coat of the gadget is thick and sturdy, which can fight off corrosion and overheat. So no more worries about your meat grinder accidentally breaking after a few times of usage.
- Durable and built to last.
- Highly versatile.
- Multiple accessories are available.
- Unattractive appearance.
- Slightly difficult to assemble.
STX International “Gen 2 -Platinum Edition” Magnum – Best For Limited Budget
- The STX Magnum 1800W “Platinum Edition” (Patented Air Cooled)...
- The Patented Cowl Air Induction Cooling System Features a Locked Motor...
- Combining the Meat Auger with AVI (Advanced Variable Intake)...
Are you a first-time user and do not want to invest too much in an unfamiliar product? If the answer is yes, then let me present the Magnum Platinum Edition from STX, an item that will not cost you more than $170.
Despite being relatively cheap, STX Magnum Platinum Edition is still a force to be reckoned with, as it features an 1800 Watt maximum. The roomy meat pan can hold roughly 3 pounds of meat, while the machine can grind them all within a minute. It does sound amazing, right?
But the magic of STX Magnum Platinum Edition does not end there. STX is famous for its wide range of attachments, including three cutting blades, five grinding plates, one sausage stuffing plate, a meat pusher, a kubbe cylinder, three sausage tubes, a burger press, and two meat claws.
Instead of buying separate items, STX makes sure you only need to spend money once and get all you need.
There is one thing you should take notice though, and it is about the clean-up. STX Magnum Platinum Edition is not dishwasher-safe, and each metal part has to be wiped using a piece of clean cloth instead of air drying.
- Affordable for most people.
- Plenty of accessories for different cooking purposes.
- Spacious meat tray.
- Needs to be washed manually.
- Gets rusty if left to air dry.
STX Turboforce II “Platinum” w/Foot Pedal – Most Innovative Features
- Features 2000 Watts of Peak Output Power with 3 Speeds (High, Low,...
- Includes Foot Pedal Control (Optional Use) - Plug Grinder into Foot...
- The Patented "Quad Air Cooling" System of the Grinder will Virtually...
Another cost-saving, beginner-friendly meat grinder that I want to introduce to you is the Turboforce II Platinum model, also from STX. In most aspects, Turboforce II Platinum does not vary significantly from the Magnum Platinum Edition.
They both share the same number of attachments, a similar overall design, as well as the patented “Quad Air Cooling” system to prevent the machines from overheating. But still, there are a few differences to point out if you wish to purchase this heavier-duty version.
First of all, it is the size of the grinder. Turboforce II Platinum is available in size 12, with a 2 ½’’ diameter output that accompanies larger chunks of meat. The capacity of this beast is also worth mentioning since it easily reaches 2000 Watt when put at maximal performance.
That is not to mention the internal safety circuit breaker ensures the clogs do not get stuck for the smoothest grinding process. Sounds like a real deal, don’t you think?
But no rush because the most notable trait of Turboforce II Platinum – in my opinion – is its electric foot pedal. When connected to the grinder, the pedal allows users to control the operation hands-free. This level of creativity deserves to have a place in your kitchen, as it sure increases your cooking experience!
- Unique cooling system for temperature control.
- High capacity.
- Can be used hands-free.
- Only suitable for crushing soft bones.
Happybuy Electric Meat Grinder – Best Appearance
- 【PREMIUM QUALITY】- Made of food-grade stainless steel,...
- 【POWERFUL PERFORMANCE】- Featuring 1100W power motor, the meat...
- 【EASY TO USE】- Simple to operate this electric meat grinder with...
At first look, Happybuy’s meat grinder may come off as off-putting for many customers due to its rather expensive price tag. But cost aside, I believe this is one of the wisest investments you can make in the kitchen because this product is simply a life-saver!
Let’s examine its material if you want to check out the potential durability of Happybuy. The entire device is made from food-grade stainless steel that is resistant to daily wear and tear, alongside being rust-proof.
Not only does it make the machine sturdy, but the steel also exudes a vibe of simplicity and cleanliness that appeals to the eyes. One big bonus for everyone wishing for a good-looking kitchen appliance!
And the good news here is that Happybuy’s advantages are way beyond its appearance. The model features an 1100 Watt power motor, capable of processing no less than 550 pounds of meat every hour.
Furthermore, the grinding procedure is effortless with an attached meat pan for easier preparation and the two-button, waterproof control board, making it usable for everyone.
However, this is not without fault. Unlike most products with tons of grinding plates and blades, Happybuy only includes two grinding plates for fine and coarse meat. If you want to maximize its usage, consider buying some extra accessories.
- Built to last.
- Strong motor.
- Easy to operate.
- Only two grinding plates.
AAOBOSI Electric Meat Grinder – Best Customer Service
- 【Powerful Motor for Fast Grinding】 This meat grinder features 2000...
- 👍【Easy to Make Chewy Meat】The electric meat grinder is design...
- 👍【Multi Functional Meat Grinder】Besides making ground meat, you...
AAOBOSI may not be a familiar brand name in the grinder industry, but I dare say its product is second to none. The electric meat grinder offered by this manufacturer prides itself on its resourcefulness, with three cutting plates, three stuffing tubes for sausage-making, and one kubbe attachment.
Feel free to cook yummy burgers, shepherd’s pies, and meatballs using one single machine. The possibilities are endless.
I particularly enjoy the Reverse function here since it re-rotates the auger to grind the meat one more time without the user having to put in much effort. Even better, at the bottom of the grinder are four suckings, non-slip feet that keep the entire object of 13.47 pounds staying firmly on the surface.
But do you know what the best feature that AAOBOSI can offer? It is the 30-day money-back guarantee and the 12-month replacement warranty, effectively ensuring that customer satisfaction is properly prioritized.
- Excellent customer service.
- Versatile in usage.
- Stays in place and is easy to use.
- Small loading tube.
- Loud noise.
BBday Meat Grinder – Best Material & Durability
- 【Professional Powerful Engine & Fast Efficient Meat Grinding】...
- 【Multiple Accessories for Various Meat and Food Grinding】①...
- 【Secrets of Making Chewy Meat with Patented Technology】Through the...
My last pick on the list of the best meat grinders for grinding bones today is a model from BBday, an electric machine that runs up to 2000 Watt.
Unlike others with stainless steel build-quality, BBday also takes advantage of PP7 (100% BPA-free with no trace of toxic chemical substance) and thickened aluminum alloy, creating stable and long-lasting kitchenware.
Next up, you will be pleased to know that BBday incorporates three spiral circles on its rod attachment, allowing the meat to be ground finely without compromising its fiber.
Whether you are cooking hearty homemade burgers for the family or crushing the raw meat and bones for the dogs and cats, BBday meat grinder can do it all.
As far as the assembly is concerned, BBday is designed with a top lock button, which attaches the grinding head to the body. So, whenever you need to detach the machine for cleaning or storage, simply unscrew the lock and remove it piece by piece. The process takes fewer than a minute to be done, and you are good to go!
- High-quality material.
- Effortless setup.
- Can be used for multiple purposes.
- Connecting wire is too short.
- Manual clean-up is required.
Types Of Bones You Can And Cannot Grind
Before you get down to purchasing a meat grinder, it is essential that you manage the expectations and be aware of what such a machine can do. Sure, some bones may end up getting crushed and mixed together when put inside. But there are bones that clog up the internal body parts, tampering with the powerful motor, and in the worst case, shutting down the gadget.
So which types of bones are safe to be used in a standard, home-use meat grinder? Check out the list below for further details.
- Backbones, cage bone, wingtips of poultry (chickens, ducks, birds, etc.), and neckpieces.
- Small to medium-size fish.
- Rodent bones.
- Rabbit bones.
- Bones that are no longer or thicker than a thumb.
- Bones that have a soft structure.
- Bones that have been boiled or submerged in hot water beforehand.
At the same time, you should also note down which kinds of bones are deemed unsuitable for a typical meat grinder. If you wish to extend the lifespan of your kitchenware, the best thing to do is to make sure nothing bulky gets in.
- Bones longer than 2’’ and thicker than 0.8’’. This is just an estimated number, and there is room for changes. But overall, you would not want anything exceeding the size of your thumb to go anywhere near the grinder.
- Bones from large mammals like deer, pork, mutton, or beef. They tend to be too heavy and leggy to be adequately put inside the grinder, causing a hefty strain on the motor. Not only are the outcomes disappointing, but they also stand a high chance of ruining your machine.
Optimal Grinding Process To Follow
Now that you have bought a meat grinder and are perfectly aware of its usage, it is time to get down to work and start grinding! For those of you without any previous experience in this matter, stick closely to the instructions as follows.
- Step 1: Evaluate the types of bones that you want to grind. At the first few tries, go for soft, tender bones and see how the gadget responds.
- Step 2: Chop the bones into much smaller pieces. If possible, you can even pre-treat them by boiling them in water. Being exposed to extreme temperatures makes it easier to disintegrate the bone’s structure, reducing the hard work for your grinder.
- Step 3: Mix the bones with an amount of meat. While there is no fixed ratio, it is highly recommended that the bones and meat be ground equally to have natural lubrication. Grinding bones on their own is too dry, thus making it more likely for fire cracks and wear and tear on the grinder.
- Step 4: Assemble the meat grinder, oil the metal body parts, especially the grinding blades, for a smooth and uninterrupted grinding process. Slowly put in a batch of bones and meat. Wait for them to complete, then use a meat pusher to get everything out.
- Step 5: Once the first batch is done, continue with the second batch. You should never drown all the ingredients inside the grinder in one go. Too many bones and things can get clogged up. That is not to mention that bones can snap when the force is not enough to crush through everything. If you stand close to the grinder, the bone crumbs are more than capable of shooting right at you.
- Step 6: After finishing with the work, store the ground bones and meat in a container for later use, depending on your preferences.
Buying the best meat grinder for bones is not a piece of cake. But once you have finished reading our reviews and guideline, there should be no reason you cannot purchase a high-quality product for your kitchen! If you think the advice has been helpful, do not hesitate to share it with fellow cooks!