If you’re a fan of raw fish, but don’t like the hassle of working with a whole fish, you’ll be happy to know that you can air-fry it raw.
Raw fish is a great source of protein and omega-3 fatty acids, and air frying it makes it quick and easy to prepare.
Keep reading for tips on how to use your air fryer to fry raw fish.
Read more: What’s the best air fryer for fish?
The benefits of air frying raw fish
First, let’s talk about the benefits of air frying raw fish.
Air frying is a healthier alternative to deep-frying, as it uses less oil and doesn’t require breading or batter.
This means that air-fried fish is lower in calories and fat than its deep-fried counterpart.
Additionally, air frying raw fish preserves its nutrients better than other cooking methods, such as boiling or baking.
Another benefit is that it cooks the fish evenly and quickly.
This is especially helpful if you’re working with a thick cut of fish, like a tuna steak.
Frying raw fish in an air fryer also prevents it from drying out, so you can be sure that your fish will be moist and flaky.
How to air fry raw fish
Before you can air fry your fish, you’ll need to prepare it.
Start by rinsing the fish under cold water and patting it dry with paper towels.
Then, use a sharp knife to cut the fish into 1-inch pieces.
Next, season the fish as desired.
You can simply sprinkle it with salt and pepper, or you can get creative with a variety of herbs and spices.
Once the fish is seasoned, coat it lightly with oil.
This will help to ensure that it doesn’t stick to the air fryer basket and helps to create a crispy exterior.
Finally, preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and place the fish in the basket.
Cook for 8-10 minutes, or until the fish is cooked through.
When finished, remove the fish from the basket and enjoy.
A yummy recipe for air fried raw fish
Now, I want to share with you a yummy recipe for air-fried raw fish.
This is a dish that is very popular in my region and it is one of my family’s favorites.
I hope you enjoy it.
- 1 lb raw fish (I used tilapia)
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Lemon wedges (for serving)
- Preheat your air fryer to 400 degrees F.
- In a shallow bowl, combine the flour, salt, black pepper, cayenne pepper, and garlic powder.
- Cut the fish into 1-inch pieces.
- Dredge the fish in the flour mixture until evenly coated.
- Drizzle the olive oil over the fish.
- Place the fish in the air fryer basket in a single layer.
- Cook for 8-10 minutes, or until the fish is cooked through.
- Serve with lemon wedges and enjoy.
Tips for cooking raw fish with an air fryer
Here are some quick tips for getting perfect results every time you cook raw fish in your air fryer:
1. Preheat the air fryer: This is important to get the fish cooked evenly.
2. Use a shallow bowl for the flour mixture: This will help ensure that the fish is evenly coated.
3. Cut the fish into even pieces: This will help the fish cook evenly.
4. Dredge the fish in the flour mixture: This will help the fish cook evenly and give it a nice crispy coating.
5. Drizzle the olive oil over the fish: This will help to keep the fish from sticking to the basket and will also help it to cook evenly.
6. Place the fish in the basket in a single layer: This will help to ensure that the fish cooks evenly.
7. Cook for 8-10 minutes: This will ensure that the fish is cooked through.
8. Serve with lemon wedges: This will add a nice acidic touch to the dish and will also help to cut through the richness of the fish.
What to do if your fish is not cooked through?
If your fish is not cooked through, you can either cook it for a few minutes longer or you can place it under the broiler for a minute or two.
This will help to cook the fish through and will also give it a nice crispy coating.
Why is my fish not crispy?
There are a few reasons why your fish might not be crispy.
First, make sure that you’re using a light dusting of flour and that you’re not overloading the air fryer basket.
Second, make sure that you’re using enough oil.
You want to coat the fish lightly, but you don’t want to drench it.
Also, make sure that you’re cooking the fish for the correct amount of time.
If you cook it for too long, it will be dry and not crispy.
If you don’t cook it long enough, it won’t be cooked through and the coating won’t have a chance to crisp up.
In summary, yes, you can cook raw fish in an air fryer.
This is a quick and easy way to make a delicious meal.
Just be sure to follow the tips above to ensure that your fish comes out perfectly cooked every time.
Hope you enjoy your air-fried fish.