If you have a pet or two at home, it is essential that you keep them well-fed all day long.
However, buying already processed food can be quite tricky, as you never know what goes into these suspicious treats.
So why not turn to homemade food? All it takes is the best meat grinders for raw dog food, and you can churn out freshly made, delicious meals that sure will keep your pets happy.
For more detailed reviews on which product to choose, let’s have a look at the article below.
Reviews Of 7 Best Meat Grinders For Raw Dog Food
[amazon box=”B08B8B73VD,B07YB6R18M,B074FBW6VM,B07FXJ8B7N,B005F55EUQ,B005EPJAT8,B01D1TN7XS” numbering=”true”]
Lovimela Electric Meat Grinder – Best For Versatile Use
[amazon box=”B08B8B73VD” template=”horizontal”]
It is time to kickstart my list of the best meat grinder for pet food with an offer from Lovimela. With the use of 420-grade stainless steel, the machine is guaranteed to last for a long time, making it a worthwhile investment. With such an affordable price, to begin with, you honestly cannot complain much about the cost needed to bring home this machine!
Furthermore, Lovimela ensures the safety of your pet food with its food-grade build quality, releasing no substance that might negatively affect the ingredients. So feel free to put in chunks of pork, bits of beef, or small poultry bones and let the machine crush them into a healthy meal.
Another reason why you should consider this option is its capacity. Capable of reaching 2600 Watts maximum, Lovimela can efficiently mince up to three pounds of meat every minute. Not only is this performance suitable for home use, but it can also be used for commercial purposes. Impressive, right?
- Highly durable.
- Safe for food processing.
- Heavy capacity.
- Not dishwasher-safe.
- Difficult to clean up crevices and corners.
ALTRA Electric 3-In-1 Meat Grinder – Best For Sturdiness
[amazon box=”B07YB6R18M” template=”horizontal”]
Are you in need of a shiny, slick-looking gadget while still being sufficient when it comes to pet food preparation? If the answer is yes, then you will not be disappointed with ALTRA’S 3-in-1 meat grinder.
This brand is best known for its three-layered SS housing, making it both visually pleasing and corrosion-resistant, a perfect combination for a household appliance.
Regarding performance, this model from ALTRA comes with a copper motor with a maximal power of up to 2000 Watts. The integral noise reduction function will minimize any discomfort throughout the entire grinding process, allowing you to sail through your cooking tasks smoothly.
Even better? ALTRA comes with plenty of accessories, including a kit of sausage and kubbe making, two grinding plates, and three cutting blades. If you want to use it exclusively for your pets and dogs, that’s fine. But you can still churn out homemade salads, hamburgers, or meatballs using this very machine. Speaking from my experience and perspective, this is a real deal!
- Highly durable.
- Can reach up to 2000 Watts.
- Various tools for cooking.
- Cannot work continuously.
- Vague instructions for assembling.
LEM Big Bite Electric Meat Grinder – Best For Heavy-Duty Grinding
[amazon box=”B074FBW6VM” template=”horizontal”]
At first look, this electric meat grinder from LEM might not be appealing to the eyes due to its silver-gray coating and cumbersome design. But as a meat grinder for raw food, LEM is an option that exceeds many competitors due to its heavy-duty performance.
To be more specific, this product comes with an extended auger that can mince more meat in a given time. For every minute, you can expect at least 7 pounds of ground food ready for use.
And it can handle small, soft bones like wingtips, so I am sure your pets will love it! Even if it is to offer treats for the dogs and cats, or you want to use the minced meat for other purposes, this productivity is no joke.
One more reason why I highly recommend LEM is its additional features. On the body, you will find an additional tray to store the knives and plates, preventing you from losing the attached accessories. The stainless steel used to craft the body parts are properly brushed to stay pristine and avoid fingerprints. For such a bulky machine, this attentiveness to detail is pretty amazing.
- High capacity.
- Can be used for different cooking purposes.
- Extra storage on the body.
- Expensive for the average household.
- Not lightweight.
ALTRA Electric 6-In-1 Meat Grinder – Best For Entry-Level Use
[amazon box=”B07FXJ8B7N” template=”horizontal”]
Another model from ALTRA that you might want to have a look at is the 6-in-1 meat grinder. Generally speaking, it does not vary significantly from the previous version except for the number of tools included.
Apart from the standard blades, plates, and sausage stuffing tubes, this machine also comes with a veggie slicer, a burger-slider maker press, a food pusher, and two meat claws. All you have to do is attach the appropriate accessory, and the resulting outcome will follow, be it salad, pet food, or sausages.
Furthermore, ALTRA provides a beginner-friendly design with a three-way On/Off/Reverse control board, eliminating any difficulties you might encounter. Whether you are a professional cook or an amateur, ALTRA can live up to the expectations with its consistent performance.
Despite its non-dishwasher-safe body parts, ALTRA can easily be cleaned with warm soapy water. Since the external material is corrosion-resistant with the 420-grade hardened stainless steel, a bit of heavy cleaning will not harm the product.
- Multi-purpose in cooking with numerous tools.
- Suitable for novices.
- Upscale material.
- Have to be cleaned manually.
STX Megaforce 3000 Meat Grinder – Best Warranty Policies
[amazon box=”B005F55EUQ” template=”horizontal”]
Getting a meat grinder compatible with making pet food under $180 is not an easy task since most heavy-duty grinders can cost up to $220.
But STX fixes this problem by offering an affordable choice at no more than $170 with its Megaforce model. Weighing only 12 pounds, Megaforce is a medium-size grinder that can mince at least 180 pounds of meat on an hourly basis.
But that is not where the charms of STX Megaforce ends. With an Advanced Variable Intake feature and the 2 ⅛’’ hopper opening, you can grind larger portion sizes of meat in a shorter time.
The grinding head is much bigger with the 2 ⅝’’ diameter, so rest assured that this machine will take less time to process the raw food.
Another feature that I believe many of you would be interested in is the guarantee policies. STX is willing to offer an unconditional money-back within the first month of the purchase, alongside the three-year warranty. Whatever happens to your gadget, feel free to contact the manufacturers for a refund.
- Bigger in size while still being lightweight.
- Warranty policies.
- Cheaply-made attachments.
Sunmile SM-G50 ETL Electric Meat Grinder – Best For Health Safety
[amazon box=”B005EPJAT8″ template=”horizontal”]
If you want to invest in a sturdy grinder with a #12 head and meat tray, you will be pleased with Sunmile SM-G50. Within two hours, this machine can produce up to 200 pounds of ground meat, which is enough for a lavish feast.
No longer do you have to worry about forcing the machine to overwork itself, as Sunmile SM-G50 can easily pull through a large batch of unprocessed food in no time! Even better, you might want to know that the cast aluminum used to craft the gadget is ETL certified, ensuring the safety of the users.
Since the material is food-grade, stuffing fresh food into its auger will make no difference to the freshness and nutrition of your ingredients. If you are ever concerned about the quality of processed food, Sunmile SM-G50 will handle it all.
Concerning the accessories, Sunmile SM-G50 offers a standard kit of one cutting blade, three cutting plates, one food pisher, and a sausage tube. While they are not as many as other grinders, these tools are enough to produce most of your cooking needs.
- Heavy-duty performance.
- High-quality material.
- Safe for health.
- Unappealing look.
- Limited tools.
STX Turboforce II”Platinum” w/Foot Pedal Meat Grinder – Best For Innovation
[amazon box=”B01D1TN7XS” template=”horizontal”]
Finally, for those of you looking for the best meat grinder for cat food, take a look at the Tuborforce II Platinum version from STX.
Like the previous product, Tuborforce II Platinum prides itself on the #12 head with a diameter of 2 ½’’, leaving plenty of room to churn out large chunks of meat. But upon closer examination, Tuborforce II Platinum does have some advantages, both in terms of accessories and performance.
First of all, a package of Tuborforce II Platinum comes with three blades, five plates, three sausage stuffing tubes, and one kubbe attachment.
Now, from the comfort of your own kitchen, feel free to prepare the most delicious meals for your families and your beloved pets. Salads, sliders, meatballs, etc., you name it, and Tuborforce II Platinum will provide!
Moreover, this model from STX has a foot pedal control, sparing users from handling the machine by hand. All it takes is a single press, and you are set to go. That is not to mention the patented Quad Air Cooling system, effectively reducing the accumulated heat and further extending the lifespan of your meat grinder!
- Multiple tools for cooking.
- Foot pedal.
- Cooling system to prevent overheating.
- Loud noise.
What Are The Benefits Of Raw Dog Food?
Some pet-owners like to cook dog food beforehand, as they believe it is safer and more hygienic. However, in recent years, a raw food diet has become increasingly common due to its being natural and beneficial for the pet’s health.
- Better immune system: Raw, unprocessed meat offers a high source of easily digestible protein, which will strengthen the body’s overall defense mechanism. Likewise, raw greens and fruits are reliable sources of antioxidants, enzymes, and phytonutrients, which are essential substances for the body.
- Better dental health: If you constantly feed your dogs already-made food that is high in carb and sugar, do not be surprised when their teeth become weak and fragile. Instead, opting for a mixture of ground meat, bones, and other natural ingredients will do wonders for their gums and teeth. The raw bones can effectively remove the plaque while the veggie cleans up the mouth and eliminate the foul-smelling breath.
- Shiner coats: It is widely assumed that the high-fat contents in raw, unprocessed meat are the reason behind a dog’s slick fur. If your pet wants to double down on its coat, a raw diet is a good start.
- Less stool volume: Since raw food is easier to digest for the stomach, your dog will absorb most of the nutrients and leave little for excrement.
How Do You Grind Dog Food?
Grinding dog food is a pretty straightforward procedure. But if you are unfamiliar with this technique, make sure to follow these instructions carefully.
- Step 1: Prepare the ingredients. Ideally, a portion of dog food should include protein (meat of any kind, preferably chicken, pork, or beef), vegetables, and a small amount of starch. For large chunks of meat, chop them into cubes or smaller pieces. Wash the greens carefully and set them aside. As far as starch is concerned, you might boil it or have it cooked in any way deemed suitable.
- Step 2: Pour a teaspoon of oil into the meat grinder to prepare it for the upcoming work. Slowly put in a batch of meat and veggie. Turn on the machine and let it start mincing the content.
- Step 3: If the texture of the raw food seems a bit too dry, add in a few pieces of animal fat. If you are satisfied with the outcome, repeat the previous steps until you finish it all.
- Step 4: Serve the minced meat and veggie together alongside the boiled starch. If you grind more than needed, then put the rest in a container and store it in a fridge.
What Should I Put In My Dog’s Food?
Since dogs do not share the same digestive system as humans, you might want to adjust their diets a little bit. Below are a few suggestions of what your dogs should consume to stay healthy and active.
- Carrots: Carrots are rich in vitamin A, which provides a boost for your dog’s skin, fur, and immune system. They are also excellent for dental protection, so it makes sense that you let your dogs eat one or two every week.
- Fish: Anything from tuna to salmon will provide a decent number of fatty acids, essentially promoting the blood circulation of the pet.
- Chicken: Chicken is a good source of protein, especially when your dog is going through some stomach-related problems.
- Pork: A small amount of unseasoned pork gives your dog a boost in strength and muscle building.
- Cucumbers: To add in extra minerals and vitamins, a few slices of cucumbers will be an ideal choice.
Buying the best meat grinder for raw dog food might not be easy, which is why I am more than willing to help with the reviews. Now that you are done reading, it is time to evaluate the pros and cons of each offer, then decide which one deserves a spot in your kitchen!