Nowadays, it’s not strange to find a kitchen with a few assisting machines.
And undoubtedly, a manual meat grinder is among their favorites, thanks to its versatility and ease of use. Yet, with thousands of products in the industry, it’s challenging to know what the best manual meat grinder is.
If that’s also your question, today’s article is for you. Keep on reading to discover the top 10 products recommended for both quality and user experience.
When Should You Use A Manual Meat Grinder
There are 2 types of meat grinders nowadays: manual meat grinders and electric meat grinders. Each type boasts a different set of benefits and setbacks. Thus, you might find it challenging to choose between the 2.
Although everything comes down to personal preference, there are a few scenarios where buying a manual meat grinder is much more beneficial.
When working space and storage matters
Hand meat processors are much more compact than electric models. This is primarily due to the absence of electrical elements and engines in hand meat grinding machines.
These machines’ measurements are often only around one foot tall and a couple of pounds, so they will not take up as much room in the house as electric models. Thus, a manual variant is for you if you’re running out of the kitchen countertop area or don’t have spare space to store a big machine.
When you want mobility
Due to their compact design, but most significantly, since their components aren’t electrical, you could carry them and utilize them everywhere. Indeed, it doesn’t matter whether the place you bring your machine to has power supplies or not as the unit doesn’t need it.
When your budget is tight
Pricing is among the main reasons why a lot of customers purchase a hand grinder. Hand meat processors are far less expensive to manufacture and distribute than electric processors. So if you are on a tight budget, it is a good option for you. A typical model will range from $25 to $50.
Since hand grinders do not involve energy usage, you will undoubtedly cut down additional electricity expenses, too.
The Best Manual Meat Grinders For the Money
Before getting into our shortlist, it’s worth remembering that people identify the best hand meat processors differently. For us, we prioritize the product’s performance, ease of use and maintenance, durability, value (versatility), and ergonomy. Thus, we depend on such factors to narrow the possible candidates.
Now, let’s get into our detailed reviews.
CAM2 304 Stainless Steel Heavy Duty – Best Overall
- Heavy-duty, all stainless steel construction; Easy to clean and rust...
- The wide-opening clamp allows mounting on almost any countertop or...
- Two stainless steel plates: Coarse 3/8" and Fine 3/16". Including the...
The first candidate on our list today, the CAM2, is an entirely stainless steel-manufactured heavy-duty machine, which is entirely rust-proof and long-lasting. Thus, all components of this meat grinder (from the nozzles to the pipes and plates) are there to last.
Also, this grinder boasts a clamp-on configuration that allows users to attach it to any surface top. Thanks to this helpful feature, we can accomplish the tasks effectively without unwanted movement from the machine.
For extra ease of cleansing and additional efficiency, its 2 stainless steel cutters are removable and sharpenable, allowing users to quickly replace one as the blades grow dull throughout use or give it a quick rinse under the water.
Another beneficial function of this machine is its scratch-preventing rubber cushions that cover the area we decide to clip the grinder. This minimizes scratches or damages to the work region.
When it comes to operation, CAM2 is an excellent commercial-grade grinder. Indeed, it’s powerful enough to tackle animal bones! Moreover, it also includes 2 stainless steel discs having diameters of 3/8′′ and 3/16′′, and a few sausage stuffing pipes for extra usage.
Using this device is also super effortless. With the wooden hand crank, we can quickly and comfortably grip and handle the machine without having sore hands, which is usually the case with manual grinders.
- Scratch-resistant rubber pads.
- High durability.
- An ergonomic crank.
- A high ease of cleaning thanks to removable components.
- Small hoppers.
CONTROL 304 – Best For Heavy-Duty Tasks
- 【Stable Quality】The whole meat chopper machine is made of...
- 【Selectable Cutting】Including 8mm and 5mm orifice plate, which can...
- 【Multifunctional use】Manual meat mincer + enema machine. The...
When it comes to heavy-duty grinding performance, no rivals can surpass the Tuntrol Commercial Manual Meat Grinder.
Indeed, this powerful grinder includes sharp anti-rust blades composed of 420 stainless steel, the most robust stainless steel in the industry. Not only does this composition introduce more durability, but it also enables this product to work highly efficiently and quickly.
Like most meat grinders, the machine’s stainless steel blades are also available in 2 settings, allowing users to mince ingredients coarsely or finely, according to particular cooking requirements and choices.
Also, this all-stainless steel product will serve for a long time while offering excellent work stability. Indeed, it boasts a dual-fixed structure featuring both a suction cup and a C-clamp attachment, allowing it to remain firmly attached on any worktop.
As a result, we won’t experience any wobbling when using the device.
All in all, the Tuntrol Commercial Manual Meat Grinder is a fantastic bargain if you prefer a robust and functional meat grinder.
- Small and mobile design.
- High durability.
- Powerful blades.
- Not machine-washable.
Huanyu Manual Meat Grinder – Most Ergonomic
- 【From no.8 to no.10 to no.12】The capacity is getting larger and...
- 【The Principle of Labor-saving Lever】In line with ergonomic...
- 【Stainless Steel Mirror Thickened Meat Plate】Clean and sanitary;...
This is the most ergonomic model on our list today, thanks to its comfortable grip and convenient design that allows the elderly and kids to handle it efficiently.
Indeed, this Huanyu’s sizes range from No.8 to No.12, with the No.8 models featuring the smallest capacity and slowest grinding speed. Similarly, No.12 variants possess the largest capacity and most full grinding speed.
However, the most outstanding feature of this machine lies in the low-speed spiral cutting technology. This feature helps us handle the ingredients in a blink of an eye while still keeping the initial taste and nutritions.
Furthermore, this grinder also stops itself from shaking when grinding your proteins, thanks to its stainless steel clamp and a robust adhesive cup at its base.
Likewise, this unit also features a single/double enema nozzle composed of 2 types of anti-rust stainless-steel components, ensuring a safe and hygienic grinding of different foods.
- Excellent heavy-duty performance.
- Damage-preventing suction cup base and clamp-on design.
- Handles all types of ingredients easily, even bones.
- Poor customer service.
Huanyu Manual Meat Grinder Dishwasher Safe – Best For Making Sausages
- [HEAVY DUTY STAINLESS STEEL] This is a sturdy, durable meat grinder....
- [DOUBLE FIXATION] The bottom strong suction cup + Stainless steel...
- [MINCING&SAUSAGE MAKING] It can easily grind various meat ingredients...
The following product is another Huanyu machine made of thickened 304 stainless steel, which is exceptionally robust.
Indeed, it could work well under high pressure or daily use without getting broken down. As unbelievable as it may sound, this one could serve for up to 10 years (even more) with regular use without any call for replacement parts.
Instead of a clamp-on device that might scratch our countertops, the machine comes with a high-quality suction cup base, a functional component that secures our device to our worksite. So yes, now we no longer have to hold the machine with one hand and grind meat using the other.
When it comes to the crank, the unit has a very ergonomic grip and a seamless operation. In addition, everything makes the grinding procedure as smooth and labor-free as feasible, which is a significant benefit when it comes to hand grinding.
Moreover, this model also comes with a wide range of attachments and accessories that specialize in making sausages, turning your meat grinder into a much more versatile option.
- Powerful commercial-grade operation.
- High versatility.
- Outstanding durability.
- Incredibly ergonomic grip.
LEM Products #10 Stainless Steel Clamp-on Hand Grinder – Best For Beginners
- All stainless steel construction, heavy duty hand grinder
- Easy to clean
- Rust resistant
If you’re searching for a commercial-grade meat processor that can tackle almost every kind of ingredient, the LEM Stainless Steel Clamp-on Hand Grinder is a solid option that deserves a spot on the top manual meat grinder ranking.
Visually, it has an old-fashioned vibe but doesn’t get fooled – it’s more than competent when compared to any advanced hand grinders.
First and foremost, its surface is gleaming stainless steel, a natural rust-proof material that could last for several decades. Thus, we don’t need to feel concerned about its grinder’s lifespan.
Meanwhile, its clamp-on mechanism also helps us get affixed to nearly all kinds of worktop, whether the counter or the table. Thanks to this handy design, no movements or shakiness can bother us when we’re grinding.
The blade, feeding pipe, and plates are all high-quality stainless steel for a uniform, seamless grinding performance. An additional beneficial element is that this manual grinder features 3 sausage stuffer nozzles featuring diameters of 1/2 inches, 3/4 inches, and 7/8 inches for extra personalization.
Also, for additional ease of use and cleaning, we can disassemble the components easily. Returning all the parts to their place is also a piece of cake. Thus, we don’t need to worry about the upkeep and assembly.
- High-quality and long-lasting material.
- Versatile and helpful clamp-on configuration.
- Ergonomic grip and design.
- A high ease of use and cleaning.
Gideon Hand Crank Manual Meat Grinder – Most Budget-Friendly
- Simply place your desired meats or vegetables into the grinder and...
- Features high quality stainless steel blades and screens, to ensure...
- It's compact lightweight and can easily be dissembled to take along to...
This one from Gideon is a must-have in every household! In addition, it’s a popular gadget for many cooks, whether experienced or amateur ones!
What is unique about this excellent meat grinder is its outstanding performance at such a low price. Indeed, with this Gideon grinding machine, we can transform any ingredient into a ground paste. In the blink of an eye, the ground ingredient will be ready for any of our mouth-watering recipes.
Numerous satisfied consumers appreciate the high-quality construction of this Gideon product. Its stainless steel fully-enclosed (for safety) cutters and filters guarantee that this functional cooking equipment will last for many years.
At the same time, this cooking utensil is relatively compact, so you’ll experience no difficulty handling it. Furthermore, the hand crank is also ergonomic and pretty simple to operate!
Despite all the highlights above, our favorite feature about this Gideon hand grinding machine is machine washable, so clean-up is a breeze!
- High durability.
- Dishwasher safe.
- Versatile and mobile.
- Ease of use.
- Not ideal for heavy-duty tasks.
Geedel Meat Grinder Manual – Most Multi-functional
- ✔Faster & Durable Meat Grinder - The multi-stage spiral extrusion...
- ✔Multipurpose Grinder - The meat would get done quickly and easily...
- ✔100% Safe Hand Meat Grinder - Zero percent touching the blades, no...
If you’re searching for a multi-functional device that can grind meat while also making spaghetti, sausages, and churros, you’ve come to the right place. Indeed, this Geedel Manual Meat Grinder is one of the most versatile utensils you can find on the market.
Although this machine only features a plastic body, its stainless steel cutters are of the upper class. Besides the outstanding sharpness, its blades are also replaceable. Furthermore, the disassembly only requires a single action, allowing newcomers to perform the task without difficulties.
After taking all the parts and blades out, we can also put some components into the dishwasher. At the same time, we could effortlessly rinse the other parts manually with lukewarm water and a gentle cleaning solution. In other words, clean-ups are a breeze with this machine.
Although the plastic body lacks durability, they are translucent and thus, allows us to see our ingredients during the process, which grants more control over the final results.
At the same time, the rotating lever features an easy-grip grasp and does not require any lubricating solution to function smoothly. For optimal outcomes, utilize it in a clockwise spinning motion.
The gadget also features a suction cup, allowing us to firmly install it on any cooking counter and provide maximum stability.
- A top-notch auger for fine grinding.
- High versatility.
- Machine-washable for higher ease of cleaning.
- Better control.
- Plastic body.
LHS Manual Meat Grinder – Most Lightweight
- 👍【MULTI-FUNCTION & EFFICIENT】This food grinder can meet your...
- 👍【UNIQUE DOUBLE FIXATION DESIGN】The strong suction cup at the...
- 👍【ZERO RISK OF INJURY】The blade of meat grinder attachment is...
At first sight, the LHS Hand Meat Grinder may appear no different than some other plastic machines. However, it provides far greater adaptability straight out of the package, eliminating the necessity to purchase additional attachments. Indeed, it could process meats and veggies, fill sausages, make spaghetti or noodles, and even mold biscuits.
While among the smallest and most lightweight hand meat processors out there, this device could do so much more. Its creamy ABS plastic design is only about 5 inches high, yet it includes robust commercial-grade stainless steel cutting knives.
Its accompanying plates yield coarse or moderate ground meat appropriate for processing relatively small portions of meats for hamburgers, stews, or sausage filling.
This equipment even comes with a sausage filling accessory, which is surprising for such a low-cost product. There are additional attachments provided to make noodles and prepare our homemade biscuits.
This grinder is effortless to operate and will provide you and your children with lots of joy. The knives are also in a compartment out of reach of children, and an integrated pusher offers extra safety for the entire family.
- Small and portable design.
- Anti-rust and corrosion-preventing heavy-duty stainless steel enclosed blades for extra safety and durability.
- High versatility.
- Cannot handle large batches of meat.
- Limited capacity.
- Not machine-washable.
Kitchen Basics 3 N 1 Manual Meat and Vegetable Grinder – Best For Beginners
- Quickly and easily grind meat, vegetables, etc. Includes two stainless...
- Attach the sausage funnel (3 sizes included) and impress your family...
- Make your own homemade pasta - creates two pasta types rigatoni and...
Kitchen Basics has created and introduced one of the most effective manual meat processors manufactured for both newbies and professionals. Its main composition is plastic threads plus stainless steel knives, guaranteeing sharp cuts and a lightweight design.
The cleaning process with the Kitchen Basics 3 N 1 Manual Meat and Vegetable Grinder is also incredibly effortless. Everything you call for is only to rinse it using tepid water plus some drops of gentle cleaning solution after you’re done using them.
Another highlight of this item is that it arrives with some replacement blades in different dimensions. As a result, we could easily pick the appropriate meat grinding style, whether coarse or fine grinding. We can even prepare noodles with this grinding machine by only inserting the batter into the stomper.
Because the stomper protects our fingers from the steel edges, all customers could experience complete safety when the machine is in use.
Its plastic pieces are entirely opaque, allowing users to observe their ingredients as they exit the grinding process. Moreover, using this machine eliminates the need to oil the rotating blades, making the process less complicated. Meanwhile, the suction support system allows us to position the item on our work surface.
- Lightweight, portable, compact design.
- Precise and sharp cutting blades.
- Can handle a more considerable amount of meat than comparable models.
Weston #10 Manual Tinned Meat Grinder – Most Durable
- 2 Cutting Plates: Two Steel Plates 45 Mm & 10 Mm, Steel Knife, Sausage...
- Large Opening: Hopper Opening 3" X 4"
- Funnel Sizes 14 MM, 19 MM & 24 MM
Our last pick for the top hand grinding machine is another classic-designed device built of cast iron.
The first highlight about this Weston machine is that it is not only durable enough to accompany you on any long trek, but it also features a camouflaged packing case in the package. Meanwhile, its suction cup base enables secure attachment to any worktop, even your hut’s seat. Yet, this gadget is the best fit on a tabletop.
At the same time, the grinder’s cast iron design assures its longevity, even if put in a knapsack or the accompanying packing case. It is bulkier than other stainless steel or aluminum processors, measuring about 14 pounds.
Moreover, while the electroplating sides guarantee that the components are safe for cooking ingredients, the rubber suction feet act as a quick mounting.
As users remove the minced meats from the exit pipe, the rubber feet give the extra elevation. However, drilled apertures are also available for a more long-term fastening.
The product is also excellent for making sausages or finely ground steaks at home since it comes with 2 distinct discs for rough or fine processing and a sausage filling kit. A wooden grip and a long-lasting crank also allow for a smooth grinding operation.
- Classic appearance with an ergonomic build.
- High durability.
- Electroplated tin layers for extra safety.
- Ease of use and cleaning.
- Lots of attachments are available.
- Long-term installing methods are available.
- Ineffective rubber suction cups that result in shakiness while grinding.
- Potential clogs.
- Blades lack sharpness.
- Non-stainless plates and blades.
Pros & Cons Of Manual Meat Grinders
Now, let’s get to know what a manual meat grinder has to offer. Below is a full table of manual meat grinders’ advantages and disadvantages:
- Cost-saving: Hand models are less expensive than electric variants as they don’t have all the innovative and advanced features.
- Compact and portable: It fits perfectly in the kitchen, particularly in room-limited ones, due to its small size. Moreover, as they’re lighter than their counterparts, you can quickly move them from one place to another.
- Extended lifespan: Hand meat grinders often last for decades due to their metal construction. They also don’t involve any external factors (like electricity), so they’re less prone to technical damages.
- Less living expense: Since it works using a hand crank, there are no extra costs such as electricity. Additionally, you won’t have to pay for other technical replacements due to wire breakages or malfunction.
- Suitable for home use: Manual grinders are excellent for homemade grinding because people don’t usually grind meat daily and don’t grind excessive meat often.
- Requires a lot of effort: Manual models require much work because you need to rotate the crank by hand. If you plan to process more than 2 lbs of cattle, it’s a physical workout.
- Takes a lot of time: Similarly, hand grinding generally goes much slower than electric grinding. It’s not a significant issue when you’re only making some patties. However, for bigger gatherings, it may be exhausting.
- Worktop problems: Many hand grinders utilize clamp-on technology for stability. In other words, they require a location on which people could clamp them on. This might be an issue because most kitchen countertops have thick rims.
- Food hygiene issues: Regarding food safety, it’s a must to keep your ingredients free of contamination. Processing them by hand, on the other hand, does not provide this.
- Uniformity: Since you grind meat by hand, there will be some power variations, resulting in uneven bits of minced meat, especially once you feel tired of turning the crank, making your grinding power drop.
Hopefully, our reviews of the 10 best manual meat grinders have proven to be of help. Although each of them features different advantages and setbacks, all work wonders and yield excellent results. Thus, consider your priorities and go for the most suitable one. We promise they won’t fail you.