Essentially, there are two brilliant items that you can use to reheat a bloomin onion: Ovens or microwaves.
Bloomin onions taste divine, but most people can’t finish their servings due to their oily nature. Therefore, they need to store and reheat the leftovers.
But the thing is, they often have no idea how to reheat a bloomin onion. That’s why in this article, we’ll provide you with detailed instructions.
Related: List of vegetables from A to Z
An oven is the most effective way to reheat your bloomin onion. This is because it can prevent this dish from drawing moisture, which can diminish its tastiness. Additionally, unlike pans, an oven doesn’t add extra oil to this already greasy dish, so it’s the optimal option for those who don’t want to gain weight.
Step 1: Preheat the oven
In this first step, make sure the temperature ranges from between 325 to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
Step 2: Place a wire rank atop the baking sheet, and put the onion on top of the wire rank
Doing so helps any extra oil drip off, so your dish won’t attract too much moisture and become soggy.
Step 3: Warm your bloomin onion
Now, you need to leave the onion inside the oven. 10 to 15 minutes would suffice. Some food enthusiasts are tempted to take the dish out too soon, right after the upper layer turns brownish. However, this is a huge mistake because you need to patiently wait until both the upper and lower sides become fully heated.
Step 4: Serve your bloomin onion and check its quality
Finally, you should remove your onion from the oven before its exteriors are burned. Your dish should be hot, crispy, and of course, savory. You can also deepen its tantalizing flavor by accompanying it with any sauce of your choice.
Although microwaves are not as great an option as ovens due to their inability to maintain your dish’s crispiness, they are also worth mentioning, given their ubiquity. Here’s how you can reheat this dish using a microwave:
- Cover the dish with plastic food wrap to avoid overheating.
- Place it on top of the safe dish and start to microwave.
The timing depends on how large your serving is, but it takes from 45 to 90 seconds most of the time. If you’re unsure, you can put the microwave on low and check your onion every 20 seconds.
How To Prepare Bloomin Onion
This delectable dish is, luckily, simple to make.
- Start by preparing egg wash and a flavor-enhancing dry mixture in advance. First, mix some eggs with milk. Then, for the dry mixture, blend flour, paprika, oregano, and garlic powder together.
- Peel an onion’s skin away and tear off its top.
- Coax apart the onion’s layers until they resemble a blooming flower’s petals.
- Dip the onion in the egg wash and then use a spoon to cover its layers with the dry mixture generously. After that, repeat this process one more time until the onion fully marinates.
- Heat olive oil on a deep-frying, non-stick skillet, and fry the onion until it sizzles.
- Serve and accompany this entree with sour cream, ketchup, or mayonnaise. Or better yet, mix these condiments to create a one-of-a-kind dipping sauce!
Why Is Deep-fried Bloomin Onion Considered Unhealthy?
Although a deep-fried bloomin onion is irresistible, it is usually regarded as a health horror because it’s notoriously calorie-dense and fattening. To be specific, a single serving of this tasty entree contains up to 800 calories. Thus, it makes you more susceptible to obesity and cardiovascular diseases.
How To Prepare A Healthy Gluten-Free Baked Bloomin Onion
Luckily, there’s a more wholesome version of this delicious dish. Also, you can make it effortlessly.
- In a medium bowl, combine mayonnaise, horseradish, ketchup, paprika, and sea salt to make the dipping sauce before cooking.
- Prepare the batter, which includes an egg and a flour mixture. First, whisk the egg and sprinkle black pepper on top. For the flour mixture, mix seasonings with either tapioca or almond flour. Steer clear of wheat flour which is packed with gluten.
- Peel the onion’s skin, remove its top and cut it vertically so that it looks similar to a flower.
- Soak the onion into the premade egg wash. Next, coat its outer and inner layers with a liberal amount of dry mixture.
- Repeat step 4 one more time to ensure a rich flavor profile for your dish.
- Bake your bloomin onion for a total of 15 minutes and enjoy!
How Long Is Outback Bloomin Onion Good For?
Outback bloomin onions can retain their original taste, arom, and texture for 3 or 4 days when appropriately handled.
After cooking, remember to place your deep-fried onion on a piece of paper, which serves to absorb excess grease. Let it drain for roughly 5 minutes. The less greasy your dish is, the less moisture it draws in, the better it tastes.
Then, you should put it in a glass container. The most prominent pitfall people make is not shutting the container’s lid as tightly as possible. Doing so makes your container a breeding ground for bacteria, which leads to premature spoilage.
What Kind Of Onions Does Outback Use?
The classic version of this appetizer makes use of super-colossal onions. As the name suggests, they are twice as big as ordinary ones, and one super-colossal onion can boast up to 200 petals.
The idea of such substantial servings is to accommodate many people simultaneously. This helps to bring people closer together as well as make circles of friends more close-knit and intimate.
After reading this post, we hope you’ve had a thorough grasp of how to reheat a bloomin onion without sacrificing its flavor, fragrance, and crunchy texture. Keep practicing, and you’ll soon pull it off!
Also, is there any other dish that you want to learn more about? Please comment below. And don’t forget to revisit our websites for more helpful tips in the future.