Meat grinders are not designed for home use only.
In fact, some of these machines are capable of mincing hundreds of pounds of meat within a few hours, making it perfectly suitable for a small cafeteria or restaurant.
If you happen to own an F&B business and would like to add the best commercial meat grinders to the kitchen, then this article is for you!
Keep reading to see which brand is worth your investment.
9 Best Commercial Meat Grinders (In-Depth Reviews)
LEM Stainless Steel Big Bite Electric Meat Grinder – Best User Feedback
- Your purchase includes One LEM Stainless Steel Electric Meat 12Grinder...
- Grinder meat pan – 12-1/4” x 9-1/8” x 2-1/4” Deep | Power –...
- Added Tray in Body for Knife & Plate Storage; Extended Auger Pulls...
The first product that I want to introduce is the Big Bite electric meat grinder from LEM.
As the name already indicates, this model is a heavy-duty machine with a capacity of mincing 7 pounds of meat per minute. If you are looking for a grinder that does its job with large chunks of meat and heavy loads of ingredients, LEM Big Bite will not let you down.
Furthermore, not only can LEM Big Bite grind soft food, but it is also designed to handle small, crushable bones. For those intending to use it to produce freshly made pet food for sale, the performance will be out of this world.
Another reason that makes me feel pleased with LEM Big Bite is its extended auger for the extra push of productivity. This is especially helpful when you need to double down on the amount of ground food within less time.
That is not to mention the added tray in the body, which acts as storage for plates and knives, preventing you from losing these attached accessories.
On the downside, it is worth noticing that LEM Big Bite is quite unattractive with its silver-gray coating and bulky design. I assume these are not the most desirable traits if you want a visually pleasing addition to the kitchen.
- Heavy-duty performance.
- Can grind soft bones.
- Extended auger and storage tray.
- Unappealing look.
Weston Butcher Series #12 Meat Grinder – Best Design
- Permanently lubricated, .75 HP / 560 watt air cooled motor (120 volt,...
- Grinds 6-9 lbs per minute
- Offset head design (patent pending) promotes high speeds Precision...
At first look, this meat grinder from Weston stands out with its peculiar design. At the top of the machine lies a huge meat pan, which can hold up to six pounds of meat. Meanwhile, the main body parts are much more compact, holding firmly to any surface it is placed on.
Upon closer examination, you should be pleased to know that this machine is already lubricated for an optimal grinding process. This is to minimize the friction caused when your dry ingredients are pressed together, which may hamper the outcome of the ground food. Now, you do not have to worry one bit about oiling the grinder beforehand!
Next up, it should be noted that the manufacturers have incorporated an auger-grabbing stomper, which enables users to disassemble each body part easily. The offset head design also comes in handy with its speedy performance while still keeping any noise at a minimum.
But still, you must be aware that Weston’s meat grinder is not suitable for a residential kitchen.
Not only is it heavy and cumbersome, but the machine is also difficult to move around. Therefore, you should probably keep the gadget in the kitchen of a restaurant, like how it is intended.
- Sturdy design.
- Permanently lubricated.
- Quiet and easy to detach.
- Low level of portability.
PRO-CUT KG-22-W Meat Grinder – Best For Spacious Meat Tray
- This #22 grinder has being designed for daily commercial use thanks to...
- This grinder has a stainless steel cabinet and an easily removable...
- Its innovative Washerless grinding system will save you money in...
Pro-Cut knows how to impress its customers with the heavy-duty meat grinder, manufactured specifically for commercial purposes.
You will be in awe of the machine’s roomy meat tray, which is 3.5’’ x 16.5’’ x31’’ in size. Not only does it hold up to tens of pounds of meat, but it is also easy to clean, guaranteeing a smooth grinding experience.
Even better, Pro-Cut prides itself on the 1 HP motor, which can mince over 1700 pounds of food every hour. The #22 grinder head churns out ground meat effortlessly, saving you lots of time and effort spent in the kitchen.
Moreover, the incorporated Washerless grinding system ensures the machine stays in top condition for an extended amount of time, making this meat grinder a worthwhile investment in the long run.
To add in the extra safety features, Pro-Cut makes sure that all corners are properly sanded, effectively preventing the accidents caused by sharp edges. No more worries about getting your skin marred by the meat grinder while moving around in the kitchen.
Nevertheless, there have been complaints about this gadget’s inability to handle semi-frozen food. Thus, if you want a quick grinding without any breaks in the middle, be sure to defrost the meat when prepping it.
- Roomy meat pan for easier meat storage.
- Powerful motor.
- Safe to use.
- Ingredients must not be frozen for optimal outcomes.
Hakka Brothers TC Series Commercial Electric Meat Grinders (TC8) – Best Material
- #8 Commercia Electric Meat Grinder
- Processes 176-pound per hour
- Stainless steel outer housing for easy clean-up
Costing only $410, the TC8 meat grinder from Hakka Brothers catches my attention with its affordability. Compared to other commercial grinders that cost no fewer than $500, this machine earns its advantage thanks to its cost-effectiveness.
But the charm of the TC8 meat grinder is far beyond its price tag. To be more specific, Hakka Brothers utilizes upscale stainless steel to create a durable and sturdy frame. The finish is both rust-resistant and corrosion-resistant, which means your gadget will last for a long time.
Furthermore, the finishing layer on the surface does not accumulate dirt, so a quick swipe at the end of the day is enough to get it cleaned.
If you still need another reason to purchase this machine, consider its non-skid feet and the carrying handle. These tiny details are often overlooked by eager buyers who care more about the performance and other technical issues. But, in real life, having such useful features will undoubtedly lessen the hassle when you put this grinder to use.
However, you should know that this model from Hakka Brothers is not well known for its noise reduction function. When operating, the machine can be quite noisy and disturbing.
Suppose your working environment is already chattering, then the presence of this grinder will not be a problem. But otherwise, you might want to consider using some earmuffs when grinding food.
- High-quality stainless steel for a longer lifespan.
- Considerate details in the overall construction.
- Loud noise.
VEVOR Electric Meat Grinder – Best Value For Money
- Strong Performance: Featuring an 1100W powerful motor, the meat...
- Durable Material: Made of food-grade stainless steel, our electric...
- Complete Accessories: Equipped with a large capacity meat tray, the...
Another economical choice when buying commercial meat grinders comes from Vevor. The brand is more than willing to provide a decent machine at roughly $360, making it highly accessible for the average household.
Featuring a motor that can reach up to 1100 Watts maximum, Vevor makes sure that the machine can provide at least ten pounds of meat every minute. While this capacity will not be enough for large restaurants, a small deli can still take advantage of the medium-size grinder.
Another reason why I pay attention to this product is its attached accessories. Unlike most commercial products which do not provide extra tools, each package of Vevor comes with a meat pusher, a larger grinding head if you want to double down on the productivity, two plates for fine and coarse grinding, and a sausage-making kit if you wish to make some homemade bratwurst. Awesome, right?
Furthermore, you will find a drawer attached to the machine’s body, offering perfect storage for the included tools. No longer do you have to be concerned about losing the body parts and not being able to optimize the machine.
On the downside, some customers have considered this meat grinder more of a home-use gadget and not exactly suitable for commercial purposes. So, if you prefer a heavy-duty grinder, Vevor might not be your best choice.
- Affordable for most homeowners.
- Various tools are already included.
- Built-in storage.
- Not designed for extensive use.
STX Turboforce II “Platinum” w/Foot Pedal – Best For Limited Budget
- Features 2000 Watts of Peak Output Power with 3 Speeds (High, Low,...
- Includes Foot Pedal Control (Optional Use) - Plug Grinder into Foot...
- The Patented "Quad Air Cooling" System of the Grinder will Virtually...
If you are new to the market of meat grinders and do not want to spend lots of money on your first purchase, I suggest that you start with STX Turboforce II Platinum.
Costing only half of the other commercial meat grinders, this gadget still lives up to your expectations of a standard meat grinder and delivers a flawless performance.
Besides its price range, the reason that most customers fell in love with this product is its attached accessories. You will have five grinding plates, three cutting blades, three sausage tubes, one kubbe attachment, and two meat claws all to yourself.
Feel free to churn out meatballs, burgers, ground meat, sausages, etc., You name it, and STX Turboforce II Platinum will take care of the rest.
Another noticeable feature of this meat grinder is its hands-free operation. The machine comes with a foot pedal control, granting you more freedom throughout the entire procedure. No more worries about having to manually switch it on and off!
But still, you should be aware that STX Turboforce II Platinum is not dishwasher-safe. To properly clean things up, soak all the body parts under warm running water with soap. Admittedly, the entire clean-up can be quite off-putting and time-consuming.
- Highly affordable.
- Various tools for different cooking methods.
- Hands-free operation with a foot pedal.
- Manual clean-up is required.
KWS TC-22 Commercial Meat Grinder – Best Ventilation Features
- High Quality Stainless Steel
- 485 lbs. of Meat per hour or 8 lbs. per minute
- Disperse Heat Holes on both side
One of the problems meat grinders usually encounter is getting overheated, which is extremely popular after grinding for a long time. This is when KWS Kitchenware steps into the market with its well-ventilated product.
On each side of the machine, you will find plenty of heat-dispersing holes, effectively cooling it down during the entire operation. As the heat does not accumulate inside the gadget, there is no need for breaks between working sessions, and your grinder can hit its full capacity continuously.
Furthermore, KWS has a 1.5 HP motor and can mince up to 485 pounds of meat every hour, meeting the requirements of butcher shops or small delis. The dual switch on the control board is 100% water-resistant, thus eliminating the chance of moisture seeping through and tampering with the internal details.
Even better, at the top of the machine, you will spot a handle for easier carriage. The 5’ cord makes sure your machine can be safely away from the electrical sockets, causing no issues for your cooking. This does sound like a real deal, right?
Unfortunately, the KWS TC-22 meat grinder is not without flaws. Due to its intended usage, by no means does the machine blend in with a residential household. It is bulky and takes up a lot of space, so make sure you know where to put this beast.
- Ventilating holes for maximal performance.
- Handle and a long cord are available.
- Not portable.
Happybuy Electric Meat Grinder – Best Appearance
- Premium Quality: Made of food-grade stainless steel, wear-proof, and...
- Powerful Performance: Featuring 1100W power motor, the meat grinders...
- Easy to Use: Simple to operate this electric meat grinder with just...
Visually pleasing, highly economical, and suitable for commercial use on a small scale are the three adjectives I would use to describe the meat grinder from Happybuy.
At first look, Happybuy attracts customers with its silver coating, which exudes a vibe of simplicity and elegance. For kitchens that look a bit dull, having this meat grinder will undoubtedly light up the working environment.
Upon closer examination, you will find many other desirable traits about the product. First off, it features a removable plate tray and grinding plate, essentially easing off the user experience and making clean-up a piece of cake. All you have to do is unscrew the two body parts and soak them in warm, soapy water, and ta-da! They will be pristine and ready to use again!
Secondly, the application of this meat grinder is no joke. Thanks to its 1100-Watt motor, Happybuy’s meat grinder can work for any fast food stores, butcher shops, or even restaurants and supermarkets.
Whether you want to churn out mass-produced meatballs or meatloaves, Happybuy can certainly fulfill your requirements.
Sadly, there are certain disadvantages associated with this model. If you are looking for a sausage-making machine, Happybuy is not an ideal choice. The machine does not come with any stuffing tube, and its main ability is to grind only.
- Appealing look.
- Effortless clean-up.
- Highly versatile.
- Not available for stuffing sausages.
Moongiantgo Commercial Meat Grinder – Best High-End Model
- [440+ LBS/H, HIGH PERFOMANCE] According to our actual test, this heavy...
- [PROFESSIONAL DESIGN] The internal structure of the meat grinder has...
- [EASY TO CLEAN] The machine is full made of 304# stainless steel...
Finally, I would conclude this list of the best commercial meat grinders with an upscale product manufactured by Moongiantgo. The most important reason why I believe Moongiantgo is worth your investment is its professional design.
The internal structure of this grinder is optimized with just enough features to keep the machine running while removing all unnecessary details. This way, Moongiantgo can deliver an impressive performance of more than 400 pounds per hour continuously. Even better? Its weight is just merely 55 pounds, making it highly portable and simple to move around.
Moreover, the Moongiantgo meat grinder is built to last, using 304# stainless steel as the main material. Not only is it sturdy and durable, but it is also slick and clean. This way, you can have a machine that is both functional and aesthetic!
Last but not least, I believe Moongiantgo will win the hearts of many customers with its dishwasher-safe body parts. Admittedly, not the entire machine is safe to toss into the dishwasher. But at least you are spared from manually cleaning tiny plates and blades!
That being said, the charm of the Moongiantgo meat grinder does not come for free. This machine costs twice as much as the average commercial grinder, which is out of reach for most households.
- Dishwasher-safe body parts.
Maintenance Tips While Using Commercial Meat Grinders
After buying a satisfying commercial meat grinder, you will encounter another issue: maintenance. Without proper care, your product is more likely to get rusty and decrease in quality. So, what are the tips and tricks to follow when using, storing, and cleaning your meat grinder?
- Prepare the ingredients beforehand: Most heavy-duty meat grinders can handle lumps of food simultaneously. But you can always lift off the pressure by cutting the meat into smaller cubes, preventing them from getting blocked and stuck inside the machine. Furthermore, make sure to remove hard and leggy bones so that they do not interfere with the grinding process.
- Oil the internal body parts frequently: Some meat grinders are permanently lubricated in the factory. But if yours is not, make sure to pour a few spoons of oil or add a bit of animal fat whenever you want to turn it on. This helps to minimize the friction and lessen the chance of your grinder getting scratched.
- Clean the details based on the given instructions: Most meat grinders require manual clean-ups, which call for the warm, soapy water to remove food residue completely. Some models are designed with dishwasher-safe components, and some are not, so you need to check out the recommendations from the sellers to avoid accidentally damaging the metal details.
- Sharpen the blades and plates regularly: After extensive exposure to food, your grinder’s cutting blades and plates may get corroded. Not only do they tamper with the quality of your grinding food, but they are also slower and less effective in terms of productivity. Hence, it is essential that you check up on them every week and give them an overhaul when needed.
Pros And Cons Of Commercial Meat Grinders
Whether you run a butcher shop or a small-sized deli, it is tempting to consider buying a commercial meat grinder. But before making such a huge purchase, you might want to have a look at the merits and demerits of this household appliance so that your choice is well-informed.
- Commercial meat grinders grant you more control over the quality of the products: Too often, purchasing already ground meat leaves you oblivious to what actually went into the food. But when you have a machine to process the ingredients on your own, feel free to keep track of the seasoning, the flavors and make sure there are no preservatives or harmful substances.
- Commercial meat grinders are available at multiple price ranges: If you have a limited budget, there are products under $300 that provide decent performance. Add in one or two hundred dollars, and here comes a standard grinder. For those wishing to grind large chunks of meat for hours on end, premium-quality grinders are more than willing to please you.
- Commercial meat grinders are versatile and can be used for different cooking purposes: There is hardly any grinder that only minces meat and other foodstuffs. Most gadgets are also capable of making sausage, kubbe, or grating cheese and chopping up veggies. Therefore, it can serve many purposes in the kitchen, making your cooking experience much less challenging.
- Commercial meat grinders tend to be heavy and cumbersome: Due to their powerful motor, the grinder would weigh at least 50 pounds, significantly reducing its portability. That is not to mention that most meat grinders take up plenty of storage space. Thus, you cannot possibly put such a bulky machine in an average-sized kitchen.
- Affordable commercial meat grinders are more for home use and less for professional use: It is true that many economical grinders regard themselves as “commercial.” But they usually fail to work endlessly and do not match the standards set out for wholesale meat grinding. You need to spend quite a lot of money in case your restaurant needs a serious machine.
Having the best commercial meat grinder can make or break the success of your business. So, let’s get ready and dig through the market to lay your hands on the product that you deem most suitable. Remember, do not forget to forward these detailed reviews to anyone interested and hear what they have to share!