Microwaves are easy to use and convenient. However, can these cookwares work for all food? Are Tater Tots microwavable?
We’ll go over the topic in detail in this instruction and share some tips for microwaving the tots. Let’s read on and discover!
Can You Microwave Tater Tots?
Yes, Tater Tots are microwavable.
However, this method is not advisable since you can’t achieve the best outcome.
Microwave-heated potatoes are typically mushy and soft. They miss the crisp texture you’d anticipate from your food.
If you put the tots in microwaves for too long, they can even turn out to be as hard as rocks and therefore inedible.
How To Cook Potato Tots In Microwaves?
The process is straightforward with these simple steps:
- Arrange the pieces on a plate, spreading them apart not to overlap.
- Microwave the plate for 30 seconds.
- Flip the pieces and cook for another 30 seconds.
- You may need to cook them for longer if you are treating frozen food. If the chips still aren’t warm enough, repeat microwaving until they are.
Nowadays, some manufacturers are now offering Tater Tots in microwave-safe packages. Hence, microwaving makes them crispy.
How To Make Your Fries Crispy While Microwaving?
You can microwave the fries for about 30 seconds. Once they start to crisp up, turn them over and put them back for another round.
Because the side that touches the microwave will be crisp and brown, you may need to flip the pieces a few times to make them crunchy all around.
Can You Microwave McDonald’s Fries Box?
The package from McDonald’s comes from a carton board, which is safe for microwaving.
Nevertheless, metal particles in recycled boxes can cause sparks in microwaves on rare occasions, while this incident is not a concern with McDonald’s boxes.
To maintain your microwaves in proper working order, ensure the container is free of metal particles. When you first start checking, wait a few seconds to check whether there is any effect.
Moreover, there are no plastic or wax finishes on the boxes. They’re tough and have a high rate of heat resistance, so they keep their heat when delivered or reheated.
What Is The Best Way To Cook Potato Tots?
The oven should be your way to go if you already have one. Here is how to bake your food in the oven:
- Preheat your oven to 425 °F.
- Spread out the potato tots on the baking sheet. Toss the pieces in bacon fat. You can season it with pepper and salt.
- Remove the tray from the oven after 15 minutes of baking.
- Turn the pieces over and put the tray back in the oven.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until the pieces turn brown and crispy.
Can You Cook The Frozen Tater Tot By Microwaving?
Frozen fries are also microwavable. Yet, they may come out chewy and soggy.
It’s better to reheat frozen chips in the oven or an air fryer. These items ensure that you get the most satisfactory results possible.
How To Cook Frozen Fries?
To bake frozen fries, follow these steps:
- Preheat the oven to 450°F.
- Arrange the pieces on a baking sheet in one single layer.
- Cook the pieces for about 20 to 25 minutes, or until they turn golden brown. To ensure consistent cooking, turn the fries once.
You can learn more tips for baking frozen fries using the oven from this video.
The Bottom Line
Tater Tots are suitable for microwaving. However, their texture may change. The best way to make fries is using an oven.
Hopefully, you will find the answers above helpful. For further information, please feel free to ask. Thank you for your interest in the article!