Doritos is a popular snack worldwide.
This American brand, wholly owned by PepsiCo, produces tortilla chips.
Furthermore, it has many appealing flavors, such as nacho cheese, cheddar, spicy nacho, etc.
Sometimes you leave it to sit out at room temperature for a while.
It can make Doritos mushy, not as crispy as the original.
So, many people might ask, “can you microwave Doritos?”.
You’ve landed in the right place. Continue reading for the ultimate answer.
Can you microwave Doritos?
Yes, you can microwave Doritos for a crunchy, warm, and quick snack.
Heating it in a microwave oven doesn’t affect or destroy its taste and texture.
Here are some steps you might note to have a great Doritos:
- First, spread a layer of Doritos on your plate or any microwave-safe dish.
- Depending on the stats of your microwave, time might have a slight difference. Normally, adjust the time by about 20-30 seconds to microwave on high.
- If you’re using cheese topping, heat for a few seconds longer for the cheese to melt completely.
What happens if you microwave a Doritos bag?
When you microwave Doritos with its bag, the polymers clump up and change the shape.
In detail, the bag will become wrinkled, stiffen, and thicken.
That’s why when you take your chip bag out of the microwave, it seems smaller.
However, the bag keeps some shapes because aluminum has covered the polymers with a thin layer.
How do you shrink a Doritos bag?
Here are some quick steps to shrink a Dorito bag:
- Clean the empty chip bag and let it dry completely. Make a tiny hole in the corner if you want to make a keychain.
- On a tray, place the chip packet on top of a sheet of baking paper. Then, cover its top with another piece of baking paper.
- To keep the chip package smooth, put another tray on top of it.
- Set your oven at 180°C and bake for about 10 minutes.
- Let it cool for a minute, then remove it. You now have a miniature of the Doritos bag.
How many Doritos come in a bag?
Although you are a fan of Doritos, you may not notice how many chips are in a bag.
Of course, it depends on the bag size and type.
The majority have between 20 and 31 pieces.
Is Doritos healthy?
Doritos are made by frying in processed vegetable oils.
As a result, they’re heavy in fat and calories, with a 48g Doritos bag containing almost 200 calories.
They’re also genetically modified and high in trans fats, both of which are unhealthy for your health.
However, you can enjoy it sometimes but not so frequently.
Why is Doritos so addictive?
Saliva is triggered by lactic and citric acids, which cause cravings.
Buttermilk, another component in Doritos, provides even more lactic acid.
If you lick Dorito dust straight from your hands without the chip, it helps you feel this addictive taste better.
Which Doritos flavor sells the most?
Doritos became a household name thanks to Nacho Cheese.
Indeed, Nacho Cheese Doritos are the most popular flavor in retailers due to the ideal balance of cheesiness.
The other varieties are also great, depending on their preferences.
In short, you don’t need to worry about the problem because it is entirely safe to microwave Doritos.
You can enjoy this warm snack at any time.
In addition, our article has also provided some more related information about Doritos.
If this knowledge is helpful, please share it with your friends!